Every parameter in Generate’s voice can be modulated by a combination of two Envelope Generators, two LFOs, a Sample and Hold/Random generator, an 8-step Sequencer, and MIDI and MPE sources, the latter allowing amazing control from expressive controllers. With up to 493 simultaneous modulation routings from its main page, the innovative modulation user interface allows users to easily and quickly patch any combination of sources to any destination, creating sounds that move, and which move listeners. All modulation sources have multiple outputs generated at once, as a modular synth should, and every mod output being tied to every control delivers up to 493 modulation routes in an intuitive single pane. The Double Pendulum, Wavefolder, and Low Pass Gate modules each have animations to show how each module responds to input, and to modulation.
The Generate radical chaotic oscillator has five types: Double Pendulum, Vortex, Pulsar, Discharge, and Turbine. Generate’s voice is followed by EQ, Chorus, Delay, Reverb, and Limiter effects. Over 450 Presets provide a launch point for creative experimentation while three unique color schemes let users customize Generate’s look.
Newfangled Audio’s Generate requires an iLok account, but no dongle is necessary. For macOS 10.9+, Generate is compatible with 64-bit AAX, AU, VST2 and VST3 protocols. For Windows 8.1+, Generate is 64-bit AAX, VST2 and VST3 compatible.
Generate Synth Features:
- Novel chaotic oscillator has 5 types: Double Pendulum, Vortex, Pulsar, Discharge, and Turbine
- Wavefolders based on the Buchla 259 Complex Waveform Generator, Fractals, and a special Animated Equation
- Low Pass Gate based on the Buchla 292 adds controls for POLES and RESONANCE
- Modulate all controls with MIDI/MPE, two Envelopes, two LFOs, Sample and Hold/Random, and a Step Sequencer
- Innovative modulation UI allows modulation over every control from the main page, allowing up to 493 modulation routings in a single pane
- Innovative EQ, Chorus, Delay, Reverb, and Limiter effects to turn the sounds into magic
- MPE support allows amazing control from expressive controllers
- All mod sources have multiple outputs generated at once, like a modular synth should
- The Double Pendulum, Wavefolder, and Low Pass Gate modules each have animations to show how each module responds to your input, and to modulation
- Over 450 Presets
- Ability to change Color Schemes